Coil Tubing Operator
Quintana Energy Services (QES) currently has an excellent opportunity for experienced coil tubing operators with a Class A CDL and clean driving history. We offer top pay, day bonuses, and housing!
As the Coil Tubing Operator, you will coordinate and oversee the coiled tubing service line work at the well site. This advanced level position is responsible for handling the more complex, hazardous, and/or high profile jobs, while providing quality service and ensuring customer satisfaction with the work performed. You will also coordinate and direct the activities of the assistants during the rig up and down of service line equipment and the assembly and preparation of equipment for installation, service and running of a job. At the culmination of each job, you'll coordinate the clean-up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
Our benefits include:
Medical-BCBS, Dental, Vision, Company paid & additional Life AD&D, Company paid Short & Long term Disability, HSA with a company contribution, FSA, 401k with company match, Roth IRA, Paid Time Off (Vacation), Paid Holidays
• Prior work experience with heavy equipment operation and maintenance preferred.
• Valid driver's license
• Class A CDL with hazardous material endorsement preferred
• Must have developed necessary skills within the service line and grasp a general understanding of other service functions.
• Must be fully trained in operating all associated pressure control equipment (Fluid Pump, Nitrogen equipment).
• Must have knowledge of coiled tubing unit operations, including but not limited to, correctly connecting hydraulic hoses, equipment startup, engaging of prime mover and hydraulic pumps. Must also demonstrate knowledge of the function and location of all coil tubing unit operating controls.
• Operate Coil Tubing units and associated equipment without supervision.
• Conduct the pre-job and post-job inspections and testing of the coiled tubing units by completing pre- and post-job inspection forms.
• Conduct the maintenance and general upkeep of the coiled tubing units and related equipment.
• Mentor the Coil Tubing assistants.
• Delegate certain job tasks to the Coil Tubing assistants during job operation.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
2 weeks on, 1 week off with the ability to work a varied schedule if needed. Possibility of a 24 hour on call schedule, with overtime a requirement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.